The Cass County Sheriff's Office Regional Training Academy (CCSORTA) offers Missouri POST Class A License training as well as Missouri POST Continuing Education courses. The full time program is four (4) months, while the part-time program is ten (10) calendar months. The Continuing Education courses are provided throughout the year, both during academy and non-academy instruction.
As the largest law enforcement agency south of the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area, we believe it is our responsibility to provide accessible training to agencies in our region.
The Cass County Sheriff's Office has hosted an academy since 2008, with classes being taught by current Deputy Sheriffs and Police Officers from around the Metropolitan area.
The Cass County Sheriff's Office Regional Training Academy is a part of the Cass County Justice Center. The Justice Center is a $40 million facility built in 2003 located within the city limits of Harrisonville that also includes the Cass County Sheriff's Office, a 150 inmate capacity Jail, the 17th Circuit Court, County Clerk's Office, Prosecuting Attorney's Office, and Juvenile Center.
The Cass County Sheriff's Office Regional Training Academy houses a state-of-the-art training room capable of seating 100 people, as well as;
- A 1500 square foot training room has the ability to run multiple computers and presentations at once with an integrated audio/video system.
- A 41'X 25' fitness room that contains 15 pieces of strength, cardio, and aerobic equipment as well as a professional grade 19'X19' wrestling mat. A mirrored wall is available for self-training. This room also has direct access to both male and female locker rooms.
- Locker Rooms for both Male and Female recruits that contains ample lockers for both employees and recruit storage as well as restroom and shower facilities.
- An onsite Firearms Range that is used for handgun, shotgun, and patrol rifle training.
- As well as many other amenities.